Volunteer Program Information
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Scottsdale Healthcare. Our volunteers assist and partner with the professional staff by contributing to the care and comfort of our patients and their families.
Serving under the direct supervision of experienced professionals, volunteers have exposure to various service areas in a healthcare setting and gain personal satisfaction through service to their community.
How to become a Scottsdale Healthcare volunteer!
• Age Requirement: All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age (with the exception of those who participate in our summer teen program).
• We ask for at least a 6 month (100 hour) commitment, which is about 4 hours per week.
• Volunteers must be physically able to perform ambulatory activities unassisted.
Additional requirements include but are not limited to the ability to hear, see, speak and be cognitively unimpaired.
• Attend a one hour Information Session at the Shea campus or Osborn Campus. Bring your completed application to the Information Session.
Sessions at the Shea campus (9003 E. Shea Boulevard) are on the following dates at the Brady Conference Center:
- January 7, 2014 - 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- February 4, 2014 - 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- March 4, 2014 - 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- April 1, 2014 - 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- June 3, 2014 - 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- July 1, 2014 - 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- August 4, 2014 - 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- September 9, 2014 - 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- October 7, 2014 - 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- November 4, 2014 - 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- December 9, 2014 - 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Sessions at Osborn campus (Hospital Conference Room) are on the following dates at Administrative Conference Room:
- January 17, 2014 - 10:30am - 1130am
- February 14, 2014 - 10:30am - 1130am
- March 14, 2014 - 10:30am - 1130am
- April 11, 2014 - 10:30am - 1130am
- May 16, 2014 - 10:30am - 1130am
- June 13, 2014 - 10:30am - 1130am
- July 18, 2014 - 10:30am - 1130am
- August 15, 2014 - 10:30am - 1130am
- September 19, 2014 - 10:30am - 1130am
- October 17, 2014 - 10:30am - 1130am
- November 14, 2014 - 10:30am - 1130am
Once you complete the Information Session, you will be contacted regarding an interview.
To make a reservation for one of the above dates call,
Shea Volunteer Office at 480-323-3051
Osborn Volunteer Office at 480-882-4051
If you are selected to work as a volunteer you will be required to:
• Complete Scottsdale Healthcare Corporate Health Department’s requirements. Proof of immunizations will be required. (Volunteers born prior to 1957 do not need to present immunization records.)
• Complete 2 TB tests, performed through Scottsdale Healthcare’s Corporate Health Department.
• Pass a background check conducted by Scottsdale Healthcare.
• Complete the volunteer computer/on-line training. (Login information will be provided at your interview.)
• Read the Volunteer Handbook prior to your orientation meeting, located online.
• Attend a New Volunteer Orientation at either the Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn or Shea campus.
• Complete service area training program, approximately three 4 hour shifts.
• Purchase a volunteer uniform and begin volunteering. (Uniform requirements will be discussed in the New Volunteer Orientation Meeting.)
At Scottsdale Healthcare, volunteers make a difference!
We value your commitment to volunteering, and look forward to you joining our Scottsdale Healthcare team. If you have any questions about the program, please feel to contact:
Scottsdale Healthcare Volunteer Services
Osborn Medical Center 480-882-4051 / Fax 480-882-4019
Shea Medical Center 480-323-3051 / Fax 480-323-3113
Thompson Peak Hospital 480-324-7053 / Fax 480-324-7057