Family Medicine Residency Program
Scottsdale Healthcare's Family Medicine Residency Program was established in 1974. Our community-based program is affiliated with the University of Arizona College of Medicine. The high standards of training in our program have been documented through a long history of successful graduates and a 100% pass rate on the American Board of Family Practice Certification Examination. Click on ABFM Residency Program Certification Performance Summary for all Family Medicine Programs.
Our graduates, as family physicians shall:
- Provide comprehensive, patient-centered primary care.
- Embrace continuity of care and collaborate effectively with other healthcare professionals to maximize the quality of patient care.
- Provide high-quality, evidenced-based, and cost-effective care.
- Demonstrate a pattern of lifelong learning by embracing and augmenting their knowledge and skills in Family Medicine.
- Practice preventive medicine in the context of the individual, family, and community.
- Incorporate behavioral, emotional, social, cultural, and environmental factors as they promote health and manage illness.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professional conduct and ethical practice.
- Maintain a balance between professional satisfaction and a rewarding personal life.
- Develop tools to become leaders in Family Medicine.
Our graduates have gone on to practice in a wide variety of settings, including private practice, academic institutions, rural settings, urgent care or ER based practices, and as hospitalists. On average, one graduate per year pursues primary care fellowship training.
Since the program's inception, approximately one half of our graduates have remained in the state of Arizona, while others have gone on to practice throughout the United States and internationally. Click on Scottsdale Healthcare Family Medicine Residency Graduates – Practice Locations.