12 Leading Surgeons.
One Center of Excellence
(From left to right) Julie Ann Heathcott, MD, Julie Kwatra, MD, Ann Langer, MD, Khai Ling Tan, MD, Millie Behera, MD, Rachel Spieldoch, MD, Patricia Grade, MD, Jennifer Simone, MD, Mike Janicek, MD, Marilyn Laughead, MD, Burt Webb, MD and Deborah Wilson, MD.
Scottsdale Healthcare's minimally invasive surgical gynecology program is pleased to announce their designation as a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology (COEMIG) granted by the American Association of Gynecologic and Laparoscopists (AAGL) and the Surgical Review Committee (SRC), two leading organizations that partner to promote excellence in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery among surgeons worldwide.
The program focuses on serving the present and future needs of patients and providers by focusing on continuous improvement in healthcare quality and safety including:
- Increased safety and quality gynecologic patient care
- Faster recovery time and less scarring
- Expansion of patient awareness and access to minimally invasive gynecologic procedures performed by surgeons and facilities that have demonstrated excellence.
- Consistent nursing staff education and training
- Consistent evidence based order sets among the physicians in Center of Excellence. Improving outcomes and cost savings that result from a quality initiative
- Collection of data to contribute to a national database to ensure best practice.
Our patients are the ultimate beneficiaries of these improvements driven by the vision of excellence and the standards and regulations of a Center of Excellence of Minimally Invasive Gynecology.
For questions or more information about our Minimally Invasive Gynecology Surgery program, please call 480-323-3663.