What is a Urologist?
A urologist is a physician who is trained to evaluate the genitourinary tract, which includes the kidneys, urinary bladder and genital structures in women and men and the prostate and testicles in men.
When should you see see a urologist?
For problems or symptoms described as:
- Discomfort while urinating
- A sense of difficulty in completely emptying the bladder
- Incontinence, a loss of urinary control
- Hematuria, the appearance of blood in the urine
- The sense of pain appearing to be related to one of the structures of the urinary tract
- Problems with sexual function
- Infertility, difficulties involved in conceiving a child
See Our Urologists for more information about what we provide and to make an appointment.