Our Trauma Facilities
Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center is a 337-bed, full-service medical center. It is noted throughout the region as a leader in the fields of trauma, cardiovascular medicine, radiologic technology, neurosurgery and orthopedics. The hospital’s expanded, 55,000 sq. ft. Emergency Department and Level I Trauma Center opened in September 2004. A Total Joint Replacement Center, specializing in minimally invasive procedures, opened in 2006. The campus also is home to Family Medicine Residency Program and a surgical residency program. We have
Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Emergency Department and Trauma Center
Since the hospital’s inception in 1962, Scottsdale Healthcare has been committed to providing emergency services. Scottsdale’s population grew from 10,000 people in 1962 to 220,000+ people today. As our community grows, so has our emergency and trauma services.
In September 2004, we opened a new and expanded Emergency Department and Trauma Center at Osborn. We log more than 50,000 emergency patients annually, including more than 250 traumas per month. The new facility accommodates up to 100,000 patients per year at full capacity.
Emergency Department and Trauma Center statistics
• 55,000 square feet
• Accommodates up to 100,000 patients annually
• 42 rooms
• 12 minor medicine rooms
• 26 major medical rooms
• 4 trauma rooms in bays of two
• 4 of the major medical rooms convert to two trauma rooms
• 3 helicopter helipad
• State-of-the-art digital radiology suite
• Accommodates multiple simultaneous ambulance arrivals
Trauma Center Traits
• Education: Advanced and ongoing training of Trauma Team members.
• Availability: A fully qualified Trauma Team staffs the Trauma Center 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Facilities: Specially equipped resuscitation rooms and a fully prepared surgical suite are always available.
• Commitment: Support and understanding of the Trauma Center is organization-wide.
|Emergency department physicians
||Operating room nurses
||Critical Care nurses
||Emergency department technicians