Stroke Prevention & Screening Opportunities
Once you’ve suffered a stroke, you are 10 times more likely to suffer another. Whether or not you’ve already suffered a stroke, taking steps toward a healthier lifestyle can play a big part in decreasing your risk. The doctors at Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center suggest the following:
- Stop smoking
- Engage in physical activity on a regular basis
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Eat a healthy diet, including a low-sodium diet if you have high blood pressure
- Maintain a healthy blood pressure level
- If you have a heart condition, including valve disease or irregular heartbeat, work with your doctor to monitor and control it
- Take medication as directed
Community Stroke Screenings
We offer stroke screenings twice a year at any of the three Scottsdale Healthcare campuses. Please call 480-882-4636 for event dates and locations.
If you’d like more information on strokes or the doctors and services available at Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center, please call 480-323-3000.