Men’s Health Services
At Scottsdale Healthcare, we’re working to help men take a more active role in their healthcare. Through community events, physician presentations, health screenings, displays of new medical technology and more, we’re enabling men to make their health a priority.
Men, ready to get started?
Scottsdale Healthcare’s expert physicians can help with key issues that impact men’s health, including prostatitis, prostate cancer, sexual function, urinary problems and testosterone deficiency, as well as the health of knees, hips and other joints.
Additionally, Scottsdale Healthcare offers screenings that can help identify health problems and detect diseases early, when they are easier to treat. While you should talk to your physician about what screenings you may need, you should consider the following:
- Obesity—Have your Body Mass Index (BMI) calculated. BMI is a ratio of your height to weight.
- High cholesterol—Have your cholesterol checked regularly starting at age 35. If you are younger, talk to your physician about the need for a cholesterol check if you smoke, have diabetes, high blood pressure, or a family history of heart disease.
- High blood pressure—Have your blood pressure checked at least every two years. High blood pressure is 140/90 or higher.
- Colorectal cancer—Have a colorectal cancer test starting at age 50. You may need the screening earlier if you have a family history of colorectal cancer.
- Diabetes—Have a test for diabetes if you have high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm—If you are between ages 65 and 75 and have smoked 100 or more cigarettes in your lifetime, you should be screened for abdominal aortic aneurysm, which is an abnormally large or swollen blood vessel in your abdomen.
- Prostate cancer—It is generally recommended that men over age 50 should have a PSA blood test and digital rectal examination once every year to screen for prostate cancer. Men over age 40 who are in high-risk groups, such as African-American men and/or men with a family history of prostate cancer, also should seriously consider having the screenings.
The latest technology
As a leader in minimally invasive surgery, Scottsdale Healthcare offers the latest-model, high-definition daVinci surgical robot for treating prostate cancer and other health problems. The robot, which has high-tech instruments operated by a surgeon at a console, enables certain urology, cardiology and orthopedic procedures to be performed with smaller incisions, less pain, as well as less hospital and faster recovery time for patients.
In addition, Scottsdale Healthcare has state-of-the-art diagnostic tools and treatments, including lasers and implants to manage prostate disease, erectile dysfunction and urinary difficulties.