High Risk Obstetrics /
Maternal-Fetal Medicine at Scottsdale Healthcare
High Risk Obstetrics
Scottsdale Healthcare is dedicated to the patients and families we serve. Our goal is to keep our patients and their premature infants together. The Level III NICU Unit at Scottsdale Healthcare Shea is equipped and staffed to manage births of gestational age babies 23 weeks and above. Scottsdale Healthcare’s High Risk Obstetrical Unit is equipped and staffed to manage the pregnancy complications that may result in a premature birth. Level III is the highest degree of certification available and it means an array of trained staff and specialists are available 24/7, which lowers the mortality rate for infants and women with pregnancy complications.
Patient safety is the primary focus of Scottsdale Healthcare’s high risk antenatal service. A Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner and perinatal safety nurse promote safe care for mothers and babies by keeping perinatal safety as a focus of all unit operations and clinical practices.
Coordinated Care Center (CCC) for Complex Moms and Babies
Scottsdale Healthcare Shea Medical Center now offers personalized care plans for moms and/or babies who are diagnosed with a complex care situation.
What the program offers for patients:
- After diagnosis and recommendations from subspecialists and consulting physicians, our CCC nurse practitioner will develop
- A personalized plan of care for the patient and their family.
- Navigation of prenatal consults and intrapartum care by a women’s health nurse practitioner based on the individual care plan and diagnosis.
- A private tour of the Scottsdale Healthcare Labor and Delivery, Post Partum and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care units (NICU) to include details about labor, postpartum and plans for mom and/or baby and family. Tours of Valley children’s hospitals are also available based on necessity.
- Nurse navigation of follow up care and support services available.
For more information about the program please call 480-323-4555.
Maternal Fetal Medicine
Qualified experts in maternal-fetal medicine are readily available at both Scottsdale Healthcare birthing facilities. These experts in high-risk obstetrics can help consult or help manage complications such as premature labor and preeclampsia, as well as medical complications of pregnancy, genetic diseases, prenatal diagnosis and therapy, and multiple gestations. To find a maternal-fetal medicine expert that practices at our facility, please call 480-882-4636 or search Find a Doctor.
OB/GYN Hospitalist Program at Shea Medical Center
The OB/GYN Hospitalist program is a collaborative effort to ensure safety and enhance the quality of care for our patients. Through this program, board-certified OB/GYN physicians are on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week. These experienced professionals are available to provide care at your request or in the event of an emergency requiring immediate assessment or treatment.
American Board of Anesthesiology certified anesthesiologists from Valley Anesthesiology Consultants Ltd. provide obstetric anesthesia services at Scottsdale Shea hospital. There is 24 hour in house coverage provided 365 days per year. Additionally, there is a second provider Monday through Friday for scheduled obstetric procedures.
To schedule a prenatal tour of our maternity hospital, please call 480-882-4636 or register on-line.