Magnet Award Winning Nurses
Scottsdale Healthcare is the first and only health system in Arizona to achieve Magnet recognition for nursing quality for all of its hospitals.
Considered the national gold standard of nursing care, the prestigious recognition has been earned by only:
- 21 other healthcare systems in the nation
- The top 6 percent of the nation’s 5,000 hospitals
- Six Arizona hospitals, including Scottsdale Healthcare Shea Medical Center, Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center and Scottsdale Healthcare Thompson Peak Hospital
Granted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a division of the American Nurses Association, Magnet status represents high-quality patient care, innovation, technology and evidenced-based practice. The designation is awarded after a rigorous on-site inspection and extensive documentation of nursing practices.
Scottsdale Healthcare Shea Medical Center and Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center were redesignated as Magnet hospitals in 2011 after first receiving the recognition in 2006. Scottsdale Healthcare Thompson Peak Hospital, which opened in 2007, was awarded Magnet status following its first Magnet survey.
What does Magnet recognition mean to you?
Scottsdale Healthcare’s Magnet recognition provides you with the ultimate benchmark to measure the quality of care that you can expect to receive.
Independent research shows that Magnet facilities:
- Report higher patient satisfaction rates
- Have staff who spend more time at patients’ bedsides
- Deliver better patient outcomes
- Have shorter lengths of patient stay
- Have lower patient mortality rates
- Have lower rates of needlestick injuries
- Consistently outperform non-Magnet organizations
Magnet recognition means that you won’t just hear about Scottsdale Healthcare’s quality. You’ll experience it. Our Magnet award-winning nurses are vigilant and attentive. They provide compassionate, expert care and are empowered to do what they know is right.