2012 Community Health
Scottsdale Healthcare is committed to the health of our planet. Our sustainability achievements include:
- Confidential documents are shredded on-site. During fiscal year 2012, 290 tons of paper were shredded, bundled and sold to an outside firm for recycling.
- Recycling of paper, plastic, cardboard, metal, medical sharps and computer parts has increased and is now system wide.
- In fiscal year 2012, Scottsdale Healthcare kept nearly 10,000 pounds of waste out of landfills by remanufacturing certain medical devices.
- Printing in fiscal year 2012 dropped 8.6 percent from the year prior, saving more than 3 million pieces of paper.
- LED lights are being incorporated into our facility. These lights last longer and use 20 percent of the energy of standard lights.
Please click on a category for more information on
Scottsdale Healthcare's 2012 Community Report: