There are strong emotions, financial stress, work concerns and the challenges of daily responsibilities that can accompany a cancer diagnosis.
The Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center at Scottsdale Healthcare offers licensed and clinical social services with specific experience in the cancer care environment. Our goal is for each individual who enters the facility to feel comfortable approaching the social worker with any issue, question or concern.
The supportive professional also can provide encouragement, education and individual counseling for caregivers and family members.
- Do you need to talk to someone about your feelings after a diagnosis?
- Do you feel that you don't want to burden your loved ones with how you feel inside?
- Are you a caregiver who feels burned out?
- Do you feel like you need a break?
- Do you want information about advanced directives (living will, medical power of attorney, etc.)?
- Do you think you may qualify for any of our Patient Programs and Support Services but don’t know how to go about getting them set up?
Consider speaking to our social worker if you answered “yes” to one or more of the questions above.
Our licensed, clinical social worker is available for help - providing comfort or connecting you with community resources ranging from financial assistance and transportation to legal help and insurance information.
- Free adjustment to illness counseling.
- Connection to community resources including financial assistance, transportation, legal assistance, and insurance information.
- Support, education and guidance for caregivers and family members.
Our Lodging Program:
Our social worker can also provide you with information on our Gift of Life Lodging Program, sponsored by Country Inn & Suites and the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center. Through donations, this program helps provide out-of-town patients without the financial means, a comfortable and convenient place to stay while undergoing their cancer treatment.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us as we will help guide you in the right direction.
Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center
Second Floor, Suite 206
Hours: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday