Cancer Care Coordinators
Every cancer diagnosis comes with questions that need answers, treatments to consider, concerns about family members or uncertainty on how to navigate the healthcare system.
Our Cancer Care Coordinators at the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center are here to help support you and guide you throughout your care. They are ready to help you and your family - at no cost to you, plotting a course through the system of care. Focused on your comfort and convenience, this healthcare expert provides the understanding care you want and deserve, when you need it most.
Who is a Cancer Care Coordinator?
Our Cancer Care Coordinators are masters' prepared registered nurses with advanced expertise in oncology. They are knowledgeable about cancer and the resources available to treat it.
From the time you’re diagnosed, this nurse coordinator is available as a dedicated member of your cancer care team and will facilitate personalized cancer care for you and your family.
Whether your physician recommends established treatment protocols or it is determined you are better suited to participate in a clinical trial, your Cancer Care Coordinator will advise you on how to be your own advocate.
What does a Cancer Care Coordinator do?
Serving as a link between you, physicians and the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center or Clinical Trials team, Cancer Care Coordinators ensure appropriate education, support and resources are provided.
In addition, the Cancer Care Coordinators can:
- Help you understand your treatment plan by consulting with you and your family members to describe the comprehensive spectrum of services available at the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center.
- Assist with finding answers to medical questions by assessing the individual needs of you and your family, and providing the necessary education, information and resource materials.
- Give ongoing support and accurate information by conducting follow-up to ease stress and provide ongoing support and education.
- Educate you on how to navigate today's healthcare system by sharing strategies for being your own healthcare advocate.
- Provide you with referrals to physicians, treatment services and support programs.
Through our partnerships with community physicians, Scottsdale Healthcare Research Institute, Scottsdale Healthcare Cancer Clinical Trials, the Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) and others, we will continue to provide you with a strong commitment of patient care.
In addition, we provide a variety of Patient Programs and Support Services to help you through your journey with us at the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us as we will help guide you in the right direction.
Cancer Care Coordinators
To schedule a consultation with a Cancer Care Coordinator at the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center, please call 480-323-1255 (toll free: 1-877- 273-3639 or e-mail the firstname.lastname@example.org.